Custom Search

Monday, July 14, 2008

Critics won't have Massa in a spin


Critics won't have Massa in a spin

Felipe Massa is refusing to let scathing criticism of his British Grand Prix performance get to him in his races.

Having clinched victory in France, Massa arrived in Britain leading the drivers' standings and one of the favourites to seal the race win.

But he struggled in the rain at Silverstone, spinning not once but five times on his way to finishing last, two laps down on race winner Lewis Hamilton.

The performance did little to enhance the Ferrari driver's profile, but he is refusing to let that bother him.

"I don't care what other people say, to be honest," he said. "I know what I have to do, I've won many races this year, and so I don't really care for that.

"For sure the first spin was a mistake, definitely, but then every time I was on the track we had the wrong tyres for the conditions.

"So I cannot say it was just coming from myself; it was coming from our strategy too. We made so many mistakes anyway at Silverstone - we know that, and we are working in every area to not repeat them.

"It's part of the game. We're not the only team that has made mistakes this year.

"It's part of the game, and we need to concentrate on the next race. The championship is open, we are still in front in the Constructors' Championship, and so it's nothing to worry about at the moment."

No comments: