Custom Search

Monday, July 14, 2008

I'll give my best in Sri Lanka: Tendulkar


After missing two ODI tournaments because of an injury, master blaster Sachin Tendular Sunday said he is fully fit and raring to do well in the Test series against Sri Lanka starting this month.

Tendulkar missed last month's Bangladesh tri-series and the Asia Cup in Pakistan due to a groin injury. He was, however, included in the 16-member Test squad for the three-match series against the Lankans from July 23 to August 12.

"I am fully fit and eager to give my best in the Sri Lanka series," Tendulkar told reporters here after joining the team. The Anil Kumble-led side is scheduled to leave for Colombo Tuesday afternoon.

Tendulkar also expressed optimism over the team's chances in the upcoming series. "The team is in good form and would like to maintain it to win the series," he said.

Asked about mystery spinner Ajantha Mendis, who created a sensation during the Asia Cup with his 'carrom ball' delivery, Tendulkar said, "I have not played him so I won't comment anything. I will go there and see."

No comments: